Nov 22, 2008

The 75 Spider

Me and the Mrs. were on our way to see the new Disney cartoon, "Bolt." We were in what Krissy calls the "Datemobile," that is my 1975 Fiat Spider roadster. I bought the car back in 1990 for $200, and have been working on it ever since. All in all it's been a fun car, and after I painted it (Ferrarri red), replaced the top and all the interior, it's been a great looking car as well.

We were heading down the road, when a '01 Impala crossed the road right in front of me. I locked up the brakes and went into her left rear passenger door.



The 5 foot minus 1 inch driver of the Impala pulled over, got out of her car and said, "Sorry." Great...

I called 911, and a few minutes later Officer Kim pulls up. She asks, "Hey Kellett, did you see this (the accident)?" Ya, I saw it... front row seat.

Mrs. Booster Seat was also found to be operating a motor vehicle without liability insurance. No aseguranza? No bueno. Now I am going to have to fight with my insurance company, who will likely peruse through eBay and see that you can find a dozen or so of these cars for 2 grand; that is, if you don't mind towing it home and spending 18 years and about 8 grand fixing it back up.

None of this has anything to do with dead bodies, nor is it very funny.

"Bolt" was good.




And Remo, write about a gajillion no insurance tickets for me tonight, buddy.

3 comments:

cw2smom said...

Oh I am sorry Dave! I hate to see good cars like that get crunched! And...with someone who doesn't have insurance! Yikes! Wishing you and the Spider a quick recovery! Thank God no one was hurt! Lisa

Remo said...

Si, se pueda! (write tickets, that is).

We have a nifty law; ARS 28-3511, that requires the impound of vehicles being driven by people with no insurance. We use it mostly to deport illegals but there are other benefits.

My parents had a Spider. It was in the shop as much it was in the driveway but it was a blast.

Lori said...

I'm so sorry! At least the movie was good. ;)